Hydro Recovery offers a variety of products and services to meet out customer's needs.
Blossburg, Tioga County, PA, off of 15N/I-99 Blossburg exit. All products are on an “as available basis” unless capacity is reserved. Oil and Gas Liquid Waste we can accept is shown below.
Products and Services:
HSF™ - Hydraulic Stimulation Fluid. Hydro's treated brine water.
Products and Services:
- HTDSF – High Total Dissolved Solids Fluids. Liquid waste less than 1% Total Suspended Solids (TSS) which may be drill water, flow-back, or produced water from natural gas drilling operations or transmission construction. For each barrel of HTDFS delivered, Customer receives1 barrel of HSF.
- WTO - Water Treatment Only. Same as HTDSF except for each barrel of WTO delivered there is no return of HSF to the Customer. This services provides for Marcellus Shale wastewater disposal by finding another source to take the recycled water.
- DF - Drill Fluids. Liquid waste greater than 1% TSS and less than 12lbs/gallon which may be water based drilling fluids, tank cleanings, or tophole water. No oil or synthetic oil contamination allowed. Quantity based upon truck rated capacity (bbls) which includes vacuum boxes. For each barrel of DF delivered, Customer shall receive 1.2 barrels of HSF.
- DF-TO – Drill Fluids Treatment Only. Same as DF except for each barrel of DF-TO delivered there is no return of HSF to the Customer.
- DFW-TO – Drill Fluids Weight - Treatment Only. Same as DF-TO except the rate is billed per ton. The company transporting the material will be responsible for costs associated with a certified third party scale. The heavy weight scale ticket must be presented to Hydro upon arrival at the facility. The light weight scale ticket must be faxed or emailed within 24 hours or otherwise the rate billed will be on the truck rated capacity of the truck on a per barrel basis.
- LWS – Liquid Waste Solids. Liquid waste greater than 1% TSS and greater than 12lbs/gallon which may be boring fluids, water based drilling fluids, tank cleanings, or tophole water. No oil or synthetic oil contamination allowed. Quantity based upon truck rated capacity (bbls) which includes vacuum boxes. For each barrel of LWS delivered, Customer shall receive 1.2 barrels of HSF.
- LWS-TO – Liquid Waste Solids Treatment Only. Same as LWS except for each barrel of LWS-TO delivered there is no return of HSF to the Customer.
- LWSW-TO – Liquid Waste Solids Weight - Treatment Only. Same as LWS-TO except the rate is billed per ton. The company transporting the material will be responsible for costs associated with a certified third party scale. The heavy weight scale ticket must be presented to Hydro upon arrival at the facility. The light weight scale ticket must be faxed or emailed within 24 hours or otherwise the rate billed will be on the truck rated capacity of the truck on a per barrel basis.
- Storage - Applies to HTDSF, DF and LWS.
- HSF-B – Hydraulic Stimulation Fluid. Same specifications as HSF. Customer receives a credit by taking HSF-B without bringing liquid waste to be treated.
- NPW - Non-Potable Water. Water from municipal and ground water sources. Customer must complete a Registration Form with the SRBC and WMP with PA DEP.
- LIM - Logistics and Inventory Management. Transportation services are available at fixed price or “not to exceed prices” for our Customers.
- Online scheduling of deliveries
- Real time access from remote locations to plant scheduling
- Products meet specifications
- Onsite laboratory
- Advance capacity reservation opportunity
- Quick truck turn around
- Computerized bills of lading
- Reduced environmental liability
- HTDSF, HSF-*, AMD and NPW are the property of Hydro Recovery when on the Hydro property
- The plant meets all current and anticipated environmental regulations
Hours of Operation for Load/Load Out at Blossburg:
- Mud Plant: Sunday thru Saturday 7 am to 7 pm
- Main Load/Load Out Station for all other Liquids: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Oil and Gas Liquid Waste We Can Accept
The term “Oil and Gas Liquid Waste” includes liquid wastes from the drilling, development and operation of oil and gas wells and transmission facilities. The term includes contaminated water from well sites, the development of transmission pipelines and the facility operating under this general permit.
According to 35 PA Code CH 287.1 Liquid waste is defined as – “Residual waste that contains free liquids as determined by Method 9095 (paint filter liquids test), as described in the EPA’s ‘‘Test Methods for Evaluating Solid Waste, Physical/Chemical Methods’’ (EPA Publication No. SW-846.)” This basically means that as long as a drop of fluid drips through a paint filter after 5 minutes then it is considered free liquid.
The following are examples of the different types of liquid waste we can receive under our revised WMGR123 (note that this list may not be all inclusive, so please call if you have other waste not on this list):
- drill water
- tophole water
- flowback water
- production water
- tank cleanings
- sand and sediment
- completions water
- cement water (not greater than 12.4 pH)
- cellar/basement well water
- pipeline construction water such as boring fluids
- hydrostatic pressure water from new pipeline testing
- freshwater pipeline sediment slurry, intermediate, and/or lateral drilling water
- storm water/runoff water that has been deemed to be contaminated in some way
- water that accumulates in secondary containment liners and impoundments
- sludges; and
- any liquid waste from any conventional or unconventional formations.
The above fluids cannot contain foreign material, visible oil, excessive foaming, or objectionable odors. In addition, we cannot take condensate from oil and gas transmission pipeline compressor stations that exhibits a characteristic of hazardous waste under 40 CFR Part 261, Subpart C, as incorporated by reference at 25 Pa. Code Sec. 261a.1
Note: Some products or services may not be available at every Hydro Recovery location and may be on an as available basis.